Home » Plastic Bags Effect on the Environment

Plastic Bags Effect on the Environment

Fatima Elashry

Discussion post on plastic bag effect on the environment. 

Abstract:

This is my experience through working in a plastic bag factory. Plastic bags are made to make our life easier and to help us but we do not what the plastic bags does to our environment and organisms. The plastic bags affect our environment because it can’t be digested probably. Therefore, plastic kills animals such as dolphins, turtles and  whales. Some countries now is trying to stop the use of plastic and using cartoons as another option.

Discussion post 

Last summer I worked in a plastic bag factory. It was a really great experience but at the same time I realized how much human beings are creatures that destroy the environment. One time, the manager did not check up on the machine correctly. Therefore, the machine made the plastics bag incorrect because of that simple mistake. We were forced to throw tons of plastic bags on the garbage with no use. I was also forced to throw the plastics bag since I work there. We use plastic bags  to make our life easier but we ignore the negative effect of it on our environment. The mistake that the manager made  was a waste of money, and destroying our environment.

Plastic bags cause death of animals in water such as dolphins, whales, turtles etc. Plastic cannot be digested properly and hence will accumulate in the stomach leading to the animal’s death.  Also, Plastic bags are made from petroleum products. It takes around 60-100 million of oil from the world’s petroleum reserves. Therefore, that will cause the prices of petroleum products to rise every passing day. Moreover, plastic bags take many years to dissolve. That is why it damages our environment and it takes too much work from us (human beings) to clean. In order to live in a clean environment.